Non-toxic solution to remove this fungal pest.
Do You Have Mould?
Mould grows in a specific temperature range around 0 Celsius to 49 Celsius. The main factor in mould growth is moisture.
Disinfecting the local area will help mitigate mould from spreading, but may not fix the issue. This is because it can be difficult to eliminate without help from a professional due to its spores that carry in the air.
Though obvious issues such as flooding or still water can cause more, your biggest enemy is moisture. Mould may grow within 12-24 hours and appear visible after 72 hours. Once mould becomes visible, removing and safely eliminating it from your home is a top priority.
Key questions for mould that have been asked include:
- Is mould dangerous?
- What types of mould are there?
- How do I get rid of mould?
We will answer those questions below, so that you are informed before making a decision.
Asbestos Testing FAQ’s
Is mould dangerous?
Yes, as the CDC has suggested, “a potential link of early mold exposure to development of asthma in some children, particularly among children who may be genetically susceptible to asthma development, and that selected interventions that improve housing conditions can reduce morbidity from asthma and respiratory allergies.” Additionally, the EHA has stated. “exposure can cause serious health problems- and even death. However, all molds, toxic or not, should be of concern when they persist at elevated levels indoors.”
What types of mould are there?
Many types of fungal infections and mould have existed for millions of years. According to the CDC, some types include:
- Invasive Mold Infections in Immunocompromised People
- Stachybotrys chartarum and other mold exposures
- Other fungal infections
How do I get rid off mould?
For Do-It-Yourselfers, you can try:
1. Wear goggles, rubber gloves and a mask that covers your nose and mouth. Open the windows, but keep doors closed to prevent spores infecting other areas.
3. Use warm water and soap directly on the infected area. Avoid spraying mould with chemicals as it will cause spores to spread into the air.
4. Wipe the surface dry with a clean rag, then vacuum the room to get rid of residual spores.
If this does not work or you believe the infected area is more severe, contact a professional such as Wise Abatement to help you eliminate the mould from your home.